I'm a Product Designer at Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com. I have over 10 years of UX/UI design and front-end development experience. I combine strategic thinking, creative design with strong knowledge of technology and user experience.
I have guided projects from discovery through to design and development - in both waterfall and agile methodologies, mentored designers and run workshops.
I have a passion for responsive design and making the user experience a delight no matter what device they use.
I’m also a passionate learner. I dedicate time almost every day to reading articles & tutorials and listening to podcasts. I just love learning!
Branding, Identity, UI Design, UX Design, Front-End Design & Development, Back-End Development, Responsive Web Design, Mobile First Design, Print Design/Prepress, AB Testing, Browser Testing, Mobile Device Testing, WC3 Standards Compliance, Waterfall & Agile, Prototyping.
Languages, Libraries & Frameworks
Tools & Services
Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Pixate, InVision, Marvel, Coda, Sublime Text, Git, Tower, Sequel Pro, VMWare, MySQL, Apache, Github, Beanstalk, Amazon AWS, Mailchimp, Zoho.
Present Product Designer at Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com.
Jan 2015 - July 2015 Freelance UI Designer & Developer at various agencies including Myer, SapientNitro, MYOB.
Sept 2013 - Jan 2015
Senior Digital Designer & Developer at OBM Advertising
Responsibilities: Strategy, Front-end Design & Development on major Australian brands in the property & tourism sectors.
Freelance Designer & Developer. Clients include Clemenger BBDO Hub+, DT Digital & OBM Advertising.
Responsibilities: Front-End Design & Development on major Australian brands in the FMCG & finance sectors.
2006-2012 Sabbatical as a photojournalist then portrait photographer. Clients: Getty Images, Australian Associated Press, New York Times, and many more.
2000-2006 Designer, Developer & Co-founder at Nitrogen Interactive Pty Ltd. Responsibilities: UI Design, Identity Design, HTML/CSS/JS/PHP & MySQL Development; Operations, Hosting, VPS; Client Services.
1995-2000 Creative & Technical Director at Dynamic Design House Pty Ltd. Responsibilities: UI Design, HTML/CFML Development; Operations/In-House Hosting, Networking; Client Services.
Five things you don't know about me
- I'm an Aspie. I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Aspergers Syndrome) after my first-born son was diagnosed, and before my second son was also diagnosed. My first-born daughter Remy was still-born, so we'll never know. Bless her soul.
- I was a mohawk wearing, skate boarding punk as a teen.
- My second son Otto has the same name as the main character in the movie Repo Man.
- I did yoga & transcendental meditation as a seven year old.
- I spent two weeks every summer over five years till 2012 photographing former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki at the Australian Open for the Danish daily Ekstra Bladet.